What is a BMC Work Party or Event Help?
A BMC Work Party is a designated day (typically a Saturday) that any Active BMC Member can attend to perform a variety of tasks to prepare for an event, or maintain the grounds, facilities, or equipment. Your time at a Work Party goes towards your required Member hours, so be sure to “Sign In” and Sign Out” on that day’s Work party Sheet. Every event can use help, and 8 of your 26 required hours must be acquired by working at an event. Work Parties are typically hosted by a BMC Team Member, but special work projects are also requested. Work at an event by showing up and signing in, or contacting the specific event promoter for a task.
Click Here to view the latest Listing of Member Hour Totals (PDF)
NOTE: Not All Hours Have been Turned in Yet.
Busy on the Weekends? You can perform work any day of the week. Call Darrell Devitt at 406-855-9988.
Examples of Basic help needed at an Event or Work Party
- General event team work: Contact a Promoter
- Running the Entrance Gate
- Flaggers on the Practice and Event Day for MX and SX
- Flaggers for Flat Track
- Catchers for the Hill Climbs
- Grounds Keeping (mowing, trimming, cutting, painting)
- Parking Lines and event area organization
- “Thirty-Second” Girls for Motocross, Supercross and Flat Track
- Transponder & Timing operators
- Pit Boss, Staging Manager
- Trash set-up & Break Down
- Track Preparation
- Grounds Keeping (Mowing, Cleanup)
- Supply Runners to supply event teams
- Pit Entrance Manager
- Parking area Marking
- Registration and Sign-Ups for “At the Event” situations
- Put up posters and other Advertising Displays
Items to Bring to a Work Party
Handy items to bring are yard tools, gloves, basic tools, eye protection, chain saw, mowers etc.
Special Tasks outside of basic Workparties
- Event Announcers
- Announcer Assistant (throw T-Shirts, run sound track, etc.)
- Photography and Video at an event
- Website, Facebook, Email Blasts and other Computer tasks
- Welding, Fencing, Pumps/Valves, Heavy Equipment Repair, Automotive
- Masonry and block-building Repairs and alterations
- Heavy Equipment Operation (Dozers, Skid steer, Man-Lifts, Water truck)
- Mobile Lighting and other nighttime equipment operation
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Managing a Special Booth at an Event
- Sound Manager, Audio Visual
- Schedule Rider Staging
- Prairie Dog Elimination (without firearms)