New Member Orientation
All New members need to attend a New Member Orientation Session down at the Club Grounds, to go over freedoms and safety points.
- For any general questions, ask your BMC Sponsor or send an email to email@example.com
- Receive the BMC Club Emails: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Next New Member Orientation Session:
- Saturday March 31, 2018, 9:30AM to 10:AM
- Why: Get an overview of the Club’s facilities, Safety Guidelines, Best Riding Practices, and get your Gate Key
- Where: At the BMC Grounds, Big Shop near the Big hills. Enter the grounds (big white gate), drive down the road a mile, the road veers left, then turn right through the gate and park at the Big Shop (the first shop on the right).
- What if I cannot attend? You’ll need to contact Darrell Devitt at 406-855-9988 to arrange for your Overview and Gate Card Pickup at the Grounds.
- Will There be multiple New Member Orientations? Yes, we’ll have a few different dates.
- Can I ride after the New Member Orientation? Yes, but you’ll need your BMC number on your front plate, and certainly a helmet for any rider. Note that riding conditions may not be the best, due to unpredictable Spring weather.
Overview of Member Safety and other Guidelines
• All Members MUST WEAR A HELMET AT ALL TIMES when on or riding a Motorcycle, 3-Wheeler, 4-Wheeler or other off road ATV
• Display your BMC number on bikes’ front plates, and if competing, side plates also
• Do a Preflight Inspection on your Bike before and after you ride
• Full safety gear is strongly recommended: boots, gloves, goggles, chest protector, riding shirt and pants, knee pads, neck brace
• ATVs (4-Wheelers, 3-Wheelers etc) are restricted to the lower main grounds and full width roads (such as behind the Great American hill).
• Ride slower on the roads and gravel and flat parking areas, no burn outs or heavy throttle which damages these areas
• Do not ride on soft mud track conditions – this causes ruts that are hard to repair. Wait till tracks dry.
• “Stay Right” on trails, roads and hills when possible and approach hill crests carefully for oncoming riders
• Ride with a cell phone and let others know if you plan on riding alone
• No Dogs, fireworks or firearms on Club Property
• Parking/staging/picnicking with trailers/bikes is open to several places, but use common sense
• Restrooms and other Portable potties are available year round
• Please use the trash cans and do not litter
• Camping is welcome with tents, RVs and other trailers (camping only, NOT winter/summer RV storage)
• Your Gate card will open the gates from 5 AM to 12 AM
• Non Member Guest passes can be obtained for Members in “Good Standing”
• Read and understand the contents of the BMC Hand Book (new editions available each March)
• Stay in touch and participate in Club changes and Additions, by attending the Wednesday Meetings
• Pay attention to “TRACK CLOSED” signs and other grounds or trails Warnings
• Equipment and facility operation is for designated Members only
• Fires are allowed, but not during events and, not during Fire Alerts
• Secure your riding, trailer and picnic gear – the BMC is not responsible for theft
There is a meeting on the first and 3rd Wednesday of each month (January through April).
The rest of the year, meetings are only the first Wednesday of each month.
Club Info and event Details Online
Subscribe to the BMC eNewsletter
Club Email: email@example.com (send Questions and Feedback too)
Location and Emergency Numbers
Mailing Address (Forms/Payments /Letters): PO BOX 20421, Billings, MT 59104-0421
Physical Address of Grounds: 3630 Old Blue Creek Rd, Billings, MT 59101,
GPS Coordinates: 45.735610, -108.526420 (latitude & longitude)
Emergency Help: Yellowstone County Sheriffs Office: 911 (Emergency) or (800) 877-1082